Mornings

Saturday February 9, 2013

I love lazy mornings.


And sleep. I'm big on that, too.



So I surprised myself when I woke up a little after 7 AM today without having set an alarm.



Even more surprising was that I chose to get up, even though I had nowhere particular to be.


But the final, truly shocking development was when I heard myself say to Steve, "I think I want to go out with the camera."


We had a major snowstorm in Southern Ontario yesterday.


I'm sure many sensible people who are usually go-go-go when they get out of bed looked out the window today and decided that this particular morning called for a hot drink and a warm blanket on the couch.


I was almost with them.


Steve went back to bed. I was almost with him, too.


But as I looked outside and saw that nice morning light slipping away, I found myself ditching my fuzzy pyjama pants and starting to layer.


There's a lot to be said for being cozy.


But there's also a lot to be said for tramping through knee-deep snow that wraps around your legs.


And for leaving fresh tracks in a fresh field of glittering white.


I'll always love lazy mornings.


But it's been a long time since we had a winter storm like this.

 

There were blankets waiting when I got back.


And there was Steve, and cups of tea.


But first, there was this.


It was an excellent morning.


Comments