The New X-Files: Marilyn & Steve Spot the Stoner

Saturday January 30, 2016

I have below-average facial recognition skills. Frequently Steve and I will be watching TV and Steve will say "Look who it is!" and I will look, and look, and finally say "Who is it?" because I have no idea. That's not what this post is about, but it's helpful to know for this story...

When the new X-Files was about to start, the Space Channel aired a best-of marathon over two days. We watched it on and off, sharing X-Files memories, and at some point on that first day I remembered hearing that Canadian Tyler Labine, who has been one of my favourite actors since Dead Last, appeared in not one but two X-Files episodes as "Stoner."

I went on IMDB to confirm and there it was in Labine's credits - bit parts in Quagmire and War of the Coprophages. I excitedly blurted my trivia to Steve, hoping that we'd catch a glimpse of Labine in the marathon.

"Hope he shows up in the new one," said Steve.

"Oh, that would be sooo good. There's no way, there's no way, but, oh, if they did..." said I.

So tonight, this trailer came on, and I yelped, and bounced up in my seat and upset the cats.



"Didn't you see him?!"  I said.

Steve hadn't, but I did.

Oh I did.




"It's like you have Tyler Labine radar," said Steve.

As if this could get any better, the internet says that the woman in that shot with him is Nicole Parker-Smith, who appeared in those same original episodes as Labine's co-stoner, and the two are actually reprising those roles.

The silly X-Files episodes have always been my favourite, and now it looks like Mulder & Scully Meet the Were-Monster is giving us the gift of more silly AND more Labine.

I don't know how everyone else is feeling about the new episodes, but this right here is more than I ever hoped for.


Connect: Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Tumblr | Wattpad | Goodreads | Google+

Comments