WOTS Book Bounty

Sunday September 25, 2011

Today was the annual Word on the Street (WOTS) National Book & Magazine Festival, which here in Toronto takes over Queen's Park.  Steve and I went out to enjoy some of our favourite things - literature, being outside, and food that isn't terribly good for us.  Here's what I came home with:


I'm pretty excited to now own both The Barracuda and The Armadillo, which are anthologies of teen writing that were created as part of the NOW HEAR THIS! literacy program.  But the truly serendipitous find was First In, Last Out - The RCAF, Women's Division and Nursing Sisters in World War Two, as this book is the perfect thing to help me research a play I've been working on. Plus, I even got it signed by the author!


Oh, and on a less literary note, we also saw this bit of hilarity:




I just hope no one gets confused about which porta-boxes are for withdrawals and which ones are for deposits...

Comments