Things I Learned on the Internet: Zac Efron Edition

Sunday January 9, 2011

Yesterday I caught the very end of Me and Orson Welles (IMDb), a 2008 movie starring Zac Efron, Christian McKay and Claire Danes.  I didn't know much about it, so naturally I tottered on over to ye olde Internet Movie Database to see what I could see.  For some reason that I've already forgotten, I clickety-linked on to Efron's page.  Now, I was a little too old to be in the target audience for High School Musical, but both Steve and I love the 2007 version of Hairspray (IMDb) and rewatch it often.  That's where I really discovered Efron, and have enjoyed him ever since.  This makes me certain I must have been to his IMDb page before and yet, somehow, I never noticed this little credit waaaay down at the bottom:



That's a young Zac Efron playing a young Simon Tam in Joss Whedon's series Firefly, which is among my very favourite things put on television EVER.  I remembered this scene clearly, right down to the father's fantastic "Many years" line, but I would never have guessed who that young genius grew up to be.

So yes, I realize he just won the 2011 People's Choice Award for Favorite Movie Star Under 25, but bonus points to Zac Efron for getting off to a great start by getting his foot into the Jossverse early.

Comments